Monday, December 31, 2007

"HE WAS GOING TO DRINK THE FAT!!"

I don't know how many of you are Friends fans but I am a huge one! One of the episodes came to mind this morning as I was rolling out of bed to say good bye to my dear husband as he was leaving at about 7a.m. for work. The drives side window in Paul's car recently broke and so he has been taking my car to work 45min away. And I have been stuck at the house for over about two weeks with all four of my wonderful children in my house that seems smaller and smaller everyday! Any ways, I was being a little selfish yesterday and was complaining to Paul that it was ridiculous that we are spending so much money on gas and that I was stuck with out a car. His car is perfectly drivable, nothing that a little clear plastic and some duct tape won't fix (but of course we didn't have either of those two items at home). So as I was getting up to give him a kiss and help him find a hat, I opened the front door to frost all over! My kids thought it had snowed there was so much! It was in the 20's!! Cold for Georgia! And even colder for driving 45 minutes away with no window! His car had been running for awhile and was still covered in frost. And to top it all off it had been raining for 2 days straight so the seats in his car where like sitting on blocks of ice! And do you know he didn't even complain once! He didn't even say "you know what, honey. It is just too cold I am going to have to take your car." He just bundled up and was on his way, prepared to freeze to death so I could go to the stinkin Post Office!
I just hugged him and said...."You were going to drink the fat!!!"
For those of you who know Friends you know what I am talking about. It's the episode where Ross makes Rachel mad and to prove he loves her and is sorry he was going to drink a glass of fat.

I never thought I would use those words in real life and yet here I am! "He was going to drink the fat!" I love my husband very much and appreciate the little things he does to let me know he loves me.

2 comments:

renhallows said...

i LOVE THAT PHRASE. I have never seen that episode (can we still be friends?) But that is a great little thing to say. What a guy!
Miss you guys!

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I remember that episode! Nothing is better than a great husband!