Saturday, November 15, 2008

The other night I couldn't find Lex and this is where I found him..... on the couch reading his scriptures! What a good boy! He is so cute and has really taken a liken to reading the scriptures! It all started last week when we had our Primary Program. After church I couldn't find him anywhere! I finally looked in the car and I found him in the back seat reading his scriptures. His part in the program was in 2 Nephi and that is where he decided to start reading, it really sparked his interest! I told him what I was reading about in the scriptures (1 Nephi.. trying to get him to start from the beginning) and he said "Well, you should hear what I'm reading about! That's where you should be reading!" When Paul came home from being gone all week the first thing he said was "Daddy, Daddy!! I read my scriptures all by myself and nobody told me to! And I was reading about when Christ comes and about all the wicked people and the buildings will fall upon them and earthquakes! It was so cool!" He was so excited and so interested, it was really great to see him so excited about reading the scriptures! He is SUCH a great kid! Man, we love our little Dude~!

Olive hates HATES to wear bibs! This one has a button so she can't slide it over her head. I was talking to Paul on the phone and came in the room and this is what she looked like. She thought it was so funny! I would pull it down and she would pull it back up and just stared at me......

Paul was out of town again last week for almost the whole week and the kids had Monday and Tuesday off so I let them turn the TV room into one GIANT tent!! Literally..... the entire room!



We love having a fireplace! Ok, you're right. It isn't cold enough for a fire here, yet! But they just couldn't resist it any longer! We had all the windows open and fans blowing everywhere! It was fun and isn't this picture adorable!

6 comments:

John and Penny said...

Great pictures! I can't wait to see all of you and especially to meet Olive! Lex my oldest wonderful grandson I am so proud of you. You have always been special to me. You brought me great comfort when you were a baby and now you are growing up and feeling the spirit and reading your scripture I am so proud of you. You are growing up to be a wonderful young man.

Love Grandpa

John and Penny said...

What an awesome family! Great fireplace picture. Just needed you in there Emily. Grandpa

renhallows said...

I can't feel your home through the pictures. I love to go to your house during Christmas.
You know your have an amazing Spirit at your house. you can tell that your kids are loved when you go there.
Youre a great MOM!

John and Penny said...

Hey Lex I am in 2 Nephi too! Awesome stories aren't they? i am proud of you. Keep it up! I love the tent. You kids used to love to do that too! That picture of Olive could be mistaken for Tadhg when he was younger! Can't wait to see you all! naunie

Johnson said...

Awesome tent!!! Our kids want to come and play!! Hopefully someday. Way to go Lex!! That's a nice big fire, what a cute picture of all the kids and Paul together!! love ya!!

Shuman X Seven said...

Awesome FIRE!! We lit ours once in June!! Who needs the cold??? Christmas music and fireplaces can always bring a great feeling to a room!! Ours is a gas, so we roast marshmellows at the stove, and eat them by the gas fireplace... now THAT is strange!

LEX keep up the reading!!! You will make an awesome missionary!