Saturday, January 26, 2008

Binky baby


Look at this Binky suckin baby! She would not stop putting her thumb in her mouth so I stuck this binky in and she was going to town!! I have to admit- I am not too fond of the whole binky thing! I think it just makes me nervous having to rely on something that I might not be able to find at 3 A.M.!! I have never really been a believer of this sort of comfort. I should clarify...... I am not a believer of this sort of comfort if it is forced upon babies, I understand that some babies need to sooth that natural suckling and that's great because that is exactly what they are made for! But why force a baby to take a binky if they do not need it and then eventually have to turn around and take it away?! I know that some kids give it up on their own but a lot do not and that to me is scary!! Even though I have to admit, babies do look ridiculously cute with these things in there mouth!!

I cannot take a picture of Olive with out her looking directly at the camera! Once I start snapping she will not look away! It is so cute but makes it hard to get a picture with her cute little earrings!

Big brother can't get enough of her either! He is so sweet but I have to watch him cuz he is a big one and doesn't realize it! He is like Lenny on Of Mice and Men! I always have to remind him to be careful!!

4 comments:

Johnson said...

You need to get a glow in the dark binky.

John and Penny said...

Maybe you could invent a clapper! I admit she does look pretty cute with that thing in her mouth! But then again she is just dang cute! Taddy man is just a big ole bear! I want one of those hugs! Olive is growing up so much. Hurray and move here so she will know us!

Johnson said...

Tadhg reminds me of Lenny from Of mice and men.

emily said...

I'm really glad you took the time to read what I wrote dork!