Saturday, September 29, 2007


Paul's last stand
I was about to get my epidural and for some strange reason they had me lean against Paul, who was standing up in front of me. I am in a lot of pain, of course, with contractions and in and out of it because of some other medicine they had given me in my IV. All a of a sudden Paul says to my mom, "Pen, switch me out I have to pee!" She's like "a yeah, can't hold it for a minute? your wife is right in the middle of getting her back stuck with a giant needle?"
He keeps insisting that he really has to go to the bathroom so my mom comes over to take his place. I have no idea why Paul is leaving me and so naturally I am ticked. But about 20 seconds later I hear a really loud noise. It sounded like the metal table with all of the doctors equipment fell over. I start asking what the heck is going on?? It is quiet for a minute. Then I hear someone say "You sure jumped up quick!" So when the doctor was done I find out that Paul didn't really have to go to the bathroom, he was in fact feeling a little queezy. So as he went to reach for the bathroom door he couldn't quiet make it before he completely passed out!! Hitting the babies bed and breaking the bed pan that was on the floor with his massive noggin!!
So the nurse runs over there, who by the way weighs about 100lbs compared to Paul's hmm....220lbs?? And she is trying to untangle him from the chords because he is under the baby bed sprawled over the leg of it. My mom is laughing so hard she can't even talk!!! Every time I ask her what's happing she about pees her pants!! Then he suddenly jumps up and plops on the couch. That is when the doctor says, "You sure jumped up quick!"
My man. What a guy. That is all I can say to that! That and I would have given anything to see that with my own two eyes!!! I love you, Paul!!! You always make me laugh, especially when it involves you, a needle, and a bed pan!!

1 comments:

renhallows said...

Wow Dr. Botzman didn't know you had such a weak stomach.... How many beds in your facility? I know you don't weight 220 lbs, do you? Congratulations on your new baby. We look forward to our family reunion some day. PS. Tell the Colonel hello.

Luke