Wednesday, April 2, 2008

APRIL FOOLS!!!!

Who wants cupcakes for dinner!!??? No one in this house! I have to say my children, and Lex's BFF, were less than impressed with my April Fool's trickery!! What appeared to be "Cupcakes" was actually meatloaf with colored mashed potatoes on top. I thought it was pretty dang funny, the kids on the other hand thought it was pretty dang stupid and disgusting!! For some reason they just couldn't get past the colored mashed potatoes that reminded them too much of playdough. And then for some reason or another thought it was utterly disgusting to put ketchup on the meat as if it were some sort of hamburger patty!!?? I kept telling all of them "It's JUST a hamburger patty what's the big deal? Just put some ketchup on it like you would eat a burger at Wendy's!" But for some reason that was inconceivable! Then I told them it was like a Krabby Patty but that didn't help either. So like all good mothers I ended up bribing them by saying they weren't going to get any ice cream cones if they didn't eat them!! That seemed to do the trick but still took them about 20 minutes to eat the darn things! And the complaining didn't stop either and every other word that came out of their mouths was "disgusting" and "aaaaw, gross!" I mean come on! Were they really THAT BAD! Paul and I thought they were actually pretty yummy! But what do we know we're old and dad will eat anything!


5 comments:

renhallows said...

that is classic...great idea. Although it would be hard to get past the idea that they looks so sweet and yet they are not. your so tricky.

The Coolest Allen Family said...

I just left a message on Lexie's blog that I was going to do this but the kids ended up and Brett's parents house. I still might try it next year; unless you and Lexie think of something funner! I was kind of thinking about doing what your momma does at Halloween time. The dinner where you don't know what you are ordering. Could be fun on April Fool's too. Love ya!

John and Penny said...

Looks like alot of fun! Tasty too!

John and Penny said...

That is two skinny little boys! Hope they ate something! I love the face Tad ispulling too! Indie looks beautiful as usual!

Darlene said...

Hey Emily,
Kristy had your link (and mine, lol) on her post.

The new little one is a doll.

When Nalani gets home from work, I'll send her over here. I think she misses you, I know I do.

Hope Paul's classes are going well for him. Tell him I said hi.

Darlene and kids