Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Florida here we come!

We recently made a trip to Florida for a quick summer vacation and, of course, had a wonderful time!! We went to the beach one day, St. George Island, but it was windy and I didn't dare take any pictures because I didn't want to get any sand in my camera. I am sad now for not taking at least a few! Then we stayed in a hotel in Tallahassee, Florida and went to a place called Wakulla Springs. The water is a cold 69 degrees year round, unlike the beach's warm 87 to 90 degrees! They have gators across the small lake with nothing but a string floating between both sides! Crazy! You can go on a glass bottom boat ride and see Manatee's but we did that last time so we decided not to fork over anymore money this trip! We had a blast and the kids loved it. We love to visit Florida! And just incase you are wondering..... yes, Florida is all it's cracked up to be!




5 comments:

John and Penny said...

WOW! Looks like an awesome place to visit. Just don't get to liking it too much back east! Love you momma

This Idaho Girl said...

Oh sweet! I love that you can drive to Florida. My sister is obsessed with Manatees and even adopted one. I'm still awaiting your email so I can invite you to my blog. Also, just started a class blog. Visit to sign the guestbook, post a link and spread the word: it's prestonid1997.blogspot.com

Johnson said...

FUN!!! I'm glad you guys got to have a fun family vacation together!!! I have never been to a warm beach (or I don't remember it)!! We have always lived close to the cold beaches!! Love ya

emily said...

Christina.... if you read this I need your email address!!!!

Darlene said...

Hi guys. Sis. Burgess here.
I lived in the Tallahassee area for 16 years. The kids were born there. We miss it.

Will you ask Paul what he did with his church keys? Pres. Spooner has a list and Paul is still showing that he has keys. Pres. Spooner wanted to know if he still has them or to whom he gave them - we're having trouble accounting for all the keys that have been given out.
Darlene